To better serve our clients, we have established the following procedures and work flow:
- Patent drawing submission - Clients send drawings, sketches, photos, CAD files or actual objects via mail, courier, fax or email. Please send a completed drawing request form along with your source materials.
- A quote is given if requested.
- Drawings are entered into the Draftlink system with your due date. DraftLink is updated through each step of this process.
- TThe assigned patent draftsman completes your patent illustrations and submits them for internal review.
- A Draftinc team member performs the first round of proofing.
- The patent illustrator makes corrections if neccessary.
- Second round of proofing is performed by a Draftinc team member.
- Final patent illustrations are emailed or shipped to the client via email in PDF format.
- Upon approval from the client, the job is billed. When COLOR drawings are required, they are printed and sent.
- Your patent drawings will remain on our secure internal server for approximately 12 months.
- All documents are shredded, physical specimens returned.
After 12 months, your drawings are archived to M-Disc media which will exist for the life of your patent. An archival DVD copy is kept off site at a secure location to avoid loss due to fire or similar event.